Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday Ten

One of my favorite blogs on the internet and truly the reason I began blogging was because how fun and exciting Lauren Conrad's blog is. She has always been such an inspiration through the way she dresses to the way she has made a name for herself in one of the toughest and coldest places, Hollywood. I could literally spend all day describing reasons she is the perfect role model for women of all ages to look up to, but lets get to the point. She always posts a 'Tuesday Ten' describing ten things she is loving that Tuesday. By the title, you can totally guess that today's post consists of ten things that I am loving on this beautiful Tuesday morning. And I'd say you are totally right except mine are many categories in one post instead of ten items from the same category!


#1: Trend-Panama Hats are typically white or ivory straw in color with a thick black band (maybe a bow) and a thin to medium thin brim. The hats are usually light straw or canvas material.
See what I mean:

Links: [Image 1], [Image 2], [Image 3], [Image 4]

Get the look for under $100:

#2: DIY/Recipe- Copy Cat McDonalds Sweet Tea recipe
Who can pass up a large sweet tea from McDonalds? I know I cannot, but at $1 per cup, the price starts adding up and before you know it, you've spent $20 on sweet tea. Well, only if you are an addict like me, but above is the exact recipe or about as close as possible (approved by me).

#3: Fashion- Floral pants are a huge hit this Spring, but what is the best way to style them? I have seen both white and black accessories, and I think I like black better, like this outfit found via Pinterest. What do you think? Black or white? Or a bold pattern like black and white stripes 
Get the look:

#4: Product- If you are looking for the perfect bluetooth wireless speaker, check out the Bose Mini Soundlink. I blogged about it last Summer and this year it is still going strong and is superb for the beach and pool, just do not get it wet (duh) and keep it charged for the ultimate experience. Speaking of charge, usually bluetooth speakers do not stay charged for long but this one is a completely different story. I charge it once per week (maybe) and use it quite often, like when I clean, get ready, shower, etc. 

#5: Clothes- LC Lauren Conrad Soft Pants- Kohls- I purchased these beauties this weekend with a $10 off $25 coupon and only ended up paying $16 something for them after taxes. I have been searching high and low for a pair of pants that met a criteria of three things : nice enough to wear to work, fit me well enough so I can style them accordingly, and are actually comfortable to wear and move around in. These pants absolutely met all three things and look amazing styled with a sleeveless chiffon or silk top tucked in to the high waisted pants; perfect! Not only does she have such a sophisticated and feminine sense of style, but her clothes embody it as well. These pants are the perfect example of the flawless execution that goes into the LC Lauren Conrad brand for Kohl's and I know this because I am a frequent shopper and self proclaimed Kohl's cash and coupon addict. 

#6: Drink- As I mentioned many times before, I just started working full time and I leave really early every morning (around 8) and am usually in a hurry when I leave. I am also one of those people that absolutely needs breakfast and coffee to be able to properly function. I discovered this Special K COFFEE HOUSE Protein Breakfast Shake in the flavor Chocolate Mocha, and it is simply delicious and could potentially take place of breakfast and coffee. It actually makes me feel full if I drink it on an empty stomach and gives me fuel to tackle the day. Granted around 11 o'clock I am starving and my stomach is probably growling, but it is a great alternative for busy mornings.  Check it out here.

#7: Music- This one is a little different but I found a hidden gem of a music artist. If you don't like hip/hop +pop music then you won't like this guy but his name is Cam Meekins and you may have seen him on Dancing with the Stars a while back, but he has such a different rap style and his lyrics actually make sense. Check out his Youtube and he just released his new album so be sure to listen to it on iTunes. Personally I like his older album titled Lamp City, but his new stuff is pretty good too.

#8: Etsy-I always need somewhere to take off my earrings before bed and this Monogram Ring Dish by OhMyWordDesigns on Etsy is the perfect size to slip off the jewelry from the day.

#9: Beauty- One of the most frustrating things about being a woman and wearing makeup is having to take it off to prevent pimples, blackheads, etc. However Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleansing Cloths from Philosophy brand at Sephora, makes removing makeup and dirt super easy.

#10: Home decor-Baja blankets are extremely popular right now and make an extremely handy beach companion. Or you can decorate by placing one in every room of your house like me. See this post on Apartment Sense, my home decorating blog, to find out which room my favorite baja blanket went in and why.

What's a baja blanket? Get the look: 

Do you like Tuesday Ten posts? Comment below if you want to see another next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!