Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday Ten

#1: Trend--->Chambray is a fabric that is relevant all year long. You can always wear a chambray shirt to layer in the winter, but why not wear it with leopard print shorts, a black floppy hat, and Ray bans for summertime?

#2: Cosmetic--->Fresh Make-Up: Sure, smoky eye looks are prime for night life but try a dewy, fresh look to brighten things up for Summer. Highlight, highlight, highlight.

#3: Shoes---> If you keep up with fashion and trends, you know Birkenstocks are back full swing and every one is embracing it. The best part? You don't have to actually wear Birks to achieve the same look and/or style. How? Birkenstock Dupe Sandals. 
Birkenstock dupes:
- Mudd T-Strap Thong Footbed Sandals $24.99 (Beware) the colors are patent, not regular suede. It is good to be aware of that factor before purchasing.
- MUK LUKS Cara Thong Wedge Footbed Sandals -I had to include these because they are basically Birkenstocks, but come in many fabulous PRINTS. Black and white is my favorite; the print reminds me of ikat $32.99
Notice a common theme? Footbed sandals. Birkenstocks are footbed sandals, who knew?

#4: Inspiration--->The PERFECT work outfit consists of simple khakis, a monochrome color t-shirt, and a black blazer. These items will definitely do the trick of accomplishing business casual in a trendy and fashionable way.
#5: Food--->Skinny Bang bang shrimp- YES, like from Bonefish but without the calories; could it get any better?! Recipe here
#6: Product---> Pearl Sunglasses Strap: This is absolutely on my wish list this summer. I always need something to hold my sunglasses, but hate the look of those rope material croakies. Purchasing this would allow me to keep up with my sunglasses and look chic at the same time. Buy one here
#7: Aha moment!----> Craving a grilled cheese? No problem, flip your toaster on the side and cook normally. When I came across this idea on Pinterest the first thing I thought was Aha! Genius. Need a visual? Check it out below
#8: Accessory---> I never had the need for a watch until I started working full-time. In school I would just see the time on my cell phone, which was always nearby.  I tend to like statement watches with a classic band. Busy face, classic band. 


Check out these three below:


-Stripes Watch: If you follow this blog regularly, you know I love black and white stripes so naturally I gravitate towards this one. Want to know the best part? It can be yours for under $30.
-Sony Smartwatch: You guessed it, this watch can access social media, send emails, and play music. I think it would be pretty dangerous for school or work, but if you are one of those people who cannot live without social media, this might come in handy. The only downfall is the $100 price tag.
-Absolutely loving this Caravelle New York by Bulova Watch from  Kohl's. Tortise colored watches and sunglasses are my favorite. It's originally $59 but on sale for $45.
Which was your favorite? Comment below?
#9: Hairstyle: My lion's mane aka hair needs a new cut and style so bad and I really like this one, what do you think?
#10: Drink--->Bob Marley Daiquiri Recipe
Ingredients:
  • light rum
  • blue curacao
  • orange curacao
  • strawberry daiquiri mix
  • fresh mango
  • sweet and sour mix
  • lime juice
  • ice
First, start by making the red portion of the drink by combining 1 oz light rum, 4 oz strawberry daiquiri mix and 1 cup of ice in a blender. Mix ingredients and pour into the bottom of the glass.
Next you will need to combine 1 oz of rum, 3 oz of chopped mango, 1 ½ oz of sweet and sour mix and one cup of ice in a blender. Mix ingredients together to create the yellow portion of the drink. Pour only half of the mixture into the glass.
Take the remaining drink mixture and blend with ½ oz of blue curacao to create the green portion of the drink. Pour into the glass.

Recipe source Smart Brander

Did you enjoy this Tuesday Ten? Comment below. Your feedback is the only thing I have to base what to write on next. 

Have a wonderful Tuesday, lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!