Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Break Essentials

IMG_3312 
IMG_3318
IMG_3317
Oversized Baja blanket, bikinis, flip flops, sunscreen, a good book, BB cream…can only mean one thing-Spring Break officially starts on Friday! Today, I have been productive and got a jump start on packing. I spent last week shopping for our beach trip and I am so excited to finally show you what I consider to be SPRING BREAK ESSENTIALS!
The first thing a woman needs at the beach is of course a bikini. I love a fitted bathing suit with a great pattern and this year patterns are everywhere. I started my bathing suit search at the most obvious place to find cheap swimwear- TARGET. Every Spring Break that I can remember I’ve purchased at least one bathing suit from there. Obviously I was expecting some great buys, but this year Target went above and beyond with swimwear. I purchased 3 tops and 1 bottom (I mix my pieces and have some from previous years) for only $75; which is the whole reason I love Target so much. I’ll link the swimwear pieces that I bought below.
The next essential is loose, comfortable yet incredibly stylish and on trend clothes. Yes, clothes like that do actually exist. For example, this year loose, wide legged bohemian style pants are really stylish and not to mention the most comfortable thing you’ll ever wear, besides yoga pants. Forever 21 has some extremely inexpensive pairs for under $15. I purchased a royal blue and plum tribal printed pair and a black high-waisted pair with white flowers on them. The pants are super cute and perfect for going out to eat or shopping around the town during the day, but do not make the mistake of wearing them out on the sand because they are not skinny and you will get sand on the wide legs. Another item I found at Forever 21 is the pair of loose daisy printed shorts you see in the pictures above with the black trim. THOSE are beach shorts and should absolutely be worn on the beach. The last thing for loose and stylish items are things like muscle tees, skirts, and maxi dresses. The more comfortable, the better when it comes to Spring Break.
Make up items are surprisingly essential for the beach, but not your normal make up routine. Forget the eyeliner and contouring and alternate BB creams, mineral make up, sunscreen, and protective lip balm. Embrace the wonderful sun kissed look your skin gets after an all day beach adventure and ditch your blush, highlighter, and bronzer, but DON’T forget to opt for items with sunscreen. I bought Garnier BB Cream and decided to pull out my trusty Prime and Poreless BB Cream like product from Too Faced. I am not sure which one I will take but those are the options. For mineral make up I will always, undoubtedly reach for BareMinerals. If you have used it, you know why. I love how weightless the formula is and it blends amazingly well plus contains sunscreen! I am taking Fairly Light foundation, Bisque concealer, and Hint blush- all which I have used before and am a huge fan. The last make up essential is a hydrating moisturizer like Hope In a Jar by Philosophy or Hempz- the coconut watermelon scent is the BEST.
For hair, the best thing to do is go completely natural. Embrace messy hair from the salt air because people pay good money for that look when purchasing Sea Salt Spray. However, do not be afraid to bring accessories for up do’s including bobby pins, practical headbands, sock bun attachments, hats, and flower crowns. I also plan to bring my Nume 25 mm wand for dinner dates or shopping trips when I feel like adding some extra waves.
The last things to pack are necessary beach items like flop flops or sandals, sunglasses, koozies, sunglasses case, camera, beach bag, headphones, and a great book. And don’t forget the random things like a 3D Cap Light for crab hunting- yep, I went there. Last year we purchased a sun shelter and it is basically one of those small open beach tent things. It is perfect to lay your face under while tanning or if you’re like my boyfriend, you can sit under it all day instead of tanning. Either way, I will link one here so you can try it out; you won’t regret it.

Links to other items pictured: 
VANS hat (similar)
Keep Calm and Carry a Big Drink book
h20 makeup remover
 Baja blanket bag
Daisy Shorts (sold out online; check in store)

Did I forget to mention anything? Comment below. Cheers to a wonderful Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!