Thursday, July 17, 2014

Shopping Haul + DIY idea

As many of you are well aware, I will try to find any excuse to shop. Well, an upcoming beach trip is absolutely a reason to go shopping therefore I went. Below are some of my fave finds:
FREE muscle tank-Old Navy (Similar)-
Muscle tanks are a must for beach trips. Whether you need a quick cover up over your bikini, want to tuck it in some cutoffs, or need something to run errands in, a muscle tank will become your go-to if you give them a chance and I particularly love this & any graphic tank!
Foil gold design shirt-Old Navy
More cool patterns from Old Navy
Pineapple tank- Old Navy-
I was on the hunt for something tropical inspired and I found it!
Free People+Belk-$33.The story behind this beauty is simple, I was browsing the mall the other day and happened to wander into the Free People section of Belk (DANGEROUS) and stumbled upon this PERFECT top on sale! Unfortunately so did many others which makes it sold out but you check out one like it here--->(Similar)

Muscle tanks are perfect for throwing on over a bathing suit or tucking into high-waisted shorts, which is what I plan to do with this lovely tank. Find one just like this tank at your local Forever 21 or a similar one here.
If you've been in Target lately, you've seen this tank. Some people might find it amusing, but this tank is my life. I won't wake up for many things however I WILL WAKE UP FOR BACON. Will you?
Shorts-Forever 21 $12.80
Funny story behind these ruffled shorts. I searched forever for these and only found them in red. However, I did order navy and black from online. If you want to check them out click here
The BEST part is each pair is only $9.80!
I just cannot turn away from Target and the cute sundresses, can you?
Find a similar dress here
And now for my latest obsession: Bike shorts from Forever 21
Bike shorts are super comfortable and cute at the same time.
Next at Forever 21, I picked up these tan linen material shorts for $14.80
Find the exact shorts pictured here
Patterns are seriously everywhere this season; I love it, how about you? I found this romper at Marshalls for $16.99. It is from the brand ANGIE. Printed rompers are in pretty much any store, but you can find a similar one to the one pictured here.
This top looks so much like Free People, huh? Well guess again, Forever 21 designed this unique and boho-esque top and I cannot get enough of it, can you? Check out the detailing a bit more below
Unfortunately like many other items mentioned in this post, this top is sold out online, but totally check out your local Forever 21. It comes in white also, but black is definitely for me. Or if you'd rather skip the mall, check out a similar top I found here.


Oh and as I mentioned in the title, here is the promised DIY part to this post...
DIY:
I was browsing Pinterest the other day and came across a picture of shorts hung with shower curtain hooks and a light bulb struck me...DUH! I thought, I totally need to do this idea so I did and I absolutely love it. Before I had my shorts folded on shelves but this frees up some shelves and utilizes an otherwise "dead" part of the closet. I have never used the bottom bar anyway so this a win, win situation in my closet.
How about you, what do you use to organize shorts in the warmer months? What are your go-to items for a Summer vacay?! Comment below!

Also, don't miss out on new ideas and inspiration by following me on Pinterest--Sweet Southern Hippie

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like that DIY idea. It makes everything more accessible & visible. Pinterest is perfect for inspiration. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Carmen! :)

    ReplyDelete

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!