Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Closet Organization

You know the saying- I like my money right where I can see it, hanging in my closet? Well, what is a woman supposed to do when there is no longer room in the closet? For some people, space isn't an issue, but for people who rent or live in a small home or apartment with even smaller closets, organization tips can help utilize the closet space you do have. 

BookshelvesWe all know bookshelves are lifesavers when it comes to book clutter, but did you know bookshelves can help organize clothing and shoes too? In fact, I use an IKEA bookshelf to display everyday flats and boots, plus I even have some larger handbags on the bottom shelf.
Be sure to check it out at the end.

For now let's talk inspiring bookshelves:
 Get fancy with it and add some hooks for your necklaces between shelves

I love how this person mixed the shoes on the shelf as if they belong right next to the other decor. *Mentally takes notes*

Who said a smaller bookshelf can't be used for strictly purses? Nobody.
Pretty and practical, I love it.

Maybe you want to use a bookshelf but don't want to have it displayed in your home. No problem, just drape a piece of fabric over the shelf like below.


Wardrobe/ Dresser: Another way to organize the clutter in your closet is to invest in a wardrobe or dresser. You can find affordable ones at thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets then fix them up the way you want. You can even add shelves or compartments to fit your needs, such as:
An easy way to create those small separators for drawers happens to be hiding within the shelves of your local hardware store. Just ask for 48 inch (or however long you need them) wood lath pieces.
Image via Organized Mom

Cube organizers: When I say cube organizer, I'm referring to furniture with perfectly made squares made for those cube organizer bins. Well, one way to incorporate them into your closet is to organize socks, underwear and other intimates in them. Another way is to ditch the bins and fold your jeans in them. See what I mean below:
I love and am totally stealing the idea of adding a cube to a dead space like the top of a closet. 
Perfect for organizing shoes and/or jeans.

Cubes are also a good place to organize t-shirts. Add more storage on top with modern looking boxes or maybe some jewelry trees for jewelry organization.

Now for a look at how I organize my everyday shoes and larger handbags 
(Don't mind the dust, I literally dusted as soon as I saw this picture, yuckkk):
I have boring books and magazines on the other shelves.

How do you organize the clutter in your closet? 
Did this post inspire you to add some organizational furniture?
Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!