Thursday, January 8, 2015

Weekly Chic

Happy 2015, readers! If you read "Transformation" (my previous post) then you are aware Bows and Moccasins is undergoing transformation and website maintenance. I am still deciding about everything and how I want to re-brand so back to the drawing board it goes.

As for today, let's talk about what is chic this week in my mind:

#1: Philosophy so one of those brands you can always count on. My mom gifted me the "Best of Philosophy" beauty gift set from QVC for Christmas and amazing doesn't even accurately describe it. I will post pictures later with reviews on each product in a post by itself so look out for that. I will tell you that I have been using Hope In A Jar Moisturizer for quite some time now and definitely notice when I don't use it. If you've been looking for an overall A+ moisturizer, look no further.

#2: A Long Cami with Lace makes the perfect layering piece. Originally, I purchased the first long cami with lace from h&m during a pre-black friday sale. I grabbed it on a whim because I was overwhelmed and conveniently low on cash. Have you ever been in a fully stocked h&m? It can be an overwhelming feeling of I want everything! (haha) But honestly, if I could rewind time then I would go back and grab all the colors: Black, Cream and Pink because it is the best layering cami. Once you wear it, you're like how in the heck did I go so long without you in my life?! However after the black friday chaos, I went back to get more and they were all gone. I hopped online only to see-Sold Out. As I was searching I came across these gems from Bealls Florida Online for only $9.99.
 It doesn't look like much but once you wear one with leggings and a sweater or a tunic that is almost too short to wear in public, you will find that the cami acts as a slip-like piece and peeks out, creating a layered look. Long camis with lace add that extra layer needed for some long sleeve t-shirts and sweatshirts as well. It adds a feminine vibe to almost anything; I am obsessed and I know you will be too!

#3: I have an exciting announcement: Wildfox the brand is having a huge end of the year sale at 6pm.com
I purchased the cutest tunic, which is unfortunately sold out now, but for only $29.99. It is white and says Wildfox in black letters- super cute. I plan on wearing it as a bathing suit cover or with leggings for shopping, running errands or working out. Other Wildfox tunics on sale:
Mermaid Cover-Up Dress Sunshine- $39.99 (Orig. $98)
Ariel Cover-Up Dress Pink Shell- $39.99 (Orig. $98)
Take note that all orders from 6pm.com receive Free shipping both ways so if something doesn't fit or you decide that you don't necessarily need the item, no biggie-just return it for free.

#4: Next, let's talk organization tips. I purchased a few things for the bathroom that I feel are definitely worth mentioning. I'm pretty sure the majority of you wear make-up, but how do you organize it? Some people are different, but I prefer to see exactly where everything is, even when it's not in use. If I run to Sephora, a quick overview of what I have is convenient to avoid double purchases and whatnot. Another advantage is that it just looks great displayed in these acrylic organizers:

Another organization goodie that I picked up from TJ Maxx is the white utensil caddy(shown above), and solves the issue of having way too many make up brushes with nowhere to place them. The caddy also holds concealer and other tall slender objects you might want in the bathroom.

#5: I don't mean to be a cliche blogger but I found the perfect rustic bar cart for my house. In fact, you've probably seen it at Target if you've been lately. The three shelved wooden one with wheels. I have no words to describe it except perfect for the vibe I was going for. I didn't want to be normal and purchase the gold mirrored bar cart so I opted for one that matches my interior to a T. I will post pictures later because unfortunately, I had to leave it at my mom's (where I purchased it)- that thing was not fitting in my little SUV with all of our luggage AND the dog-no way, no how. So currently, while waiting for her to bring it, I'm drawing inspo from these images:
                   

#6: Another TJ Maxx find that I am obsessing over lately is a pair of fabulous Seven Brand pair of shoes. You're probably thinking Seven brand, like the jeans? Yes, the same brand apparently makes shoes and boy, do they make them well. I have been searching for a pair of chunky heeled combat boots and I managed to stumble upon the perfect pair for only $29.99. Can you believe it?

#7: Have you heard that bells are back? That's right. bell bottoms are back with a vengeance and one brand does them so, so, so right...Show Me Your Mumu. If you haven't heard of them, you're in for a wild ride. They do floral and print so, so, so right too. One of my favorite items is what they call "Bam Bam Bells" which is the perfect pair of bell bottoms in literally every colorful or bold pattern you could ever want. They also do this really fun giveaway every Monday on Instagram- look up #showmeyourmumu on instagram for more info. If you want to see my favorite pair of Bam Bam Bells, click here.

#8: I have purchased a good amount of my wardrobe from online boutiques lately and figured I would share a few of my favorites:

I hope you enjoyed this post! What is inspiring you this week? Comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!