Thursday, December 28, 2017

2018 Goals - More/Less

Hearing the usual New Year, New Me crap, is a little bit like a broken record around this time of year. I'm not knocking people for bettering themselves with a new year approaching; hell, that's exactly what I'm trying to do as well. I'm just saying let's change it up a little! For some reason, I've never been one to sit down and write goals. I have them, but never really took the time to write them out and visualize myself actually accomplishing them. It sounds bad I know, but until listening to one of my favorite podcasts- Style Your Mind by Cara Alwill Leyba, I never knew the importance. Cara is a master life coach and is my absolute favorite thing to listen to when lacking inspiration, creativity, marketing skills etc. She literally just makes you want to grab life by the horns and make it your own. I highly, highly recommend checking her out. I will make a separate post for Inspirational Podcasts for the New You. Anyway, she stresses WRITING DOWN YOUR VISION so you can reflect on it throughout the year. For some reason, this really stumped me. Who do I want to be in 2018? I found the easiest way for me to decide who I wanted to be was to start with who I didn't want to be in 2018. Cara talks about the more/less strategy in one of her podcasts : Episode 66 to be exact. The more/ less strategy is basically deciding what you want less of in the new year, which leads you to what you crave more of in your life. It's actually a super fun, reflective process.  SO HERE WE GO...

IN 2018 I WANT TO:
Drink less booze, more water
Eat fast food less, cook more
Work out more, argue less
Judge less, love more
Create more, stress less
Less material items, more adventure
More experiences, less streaming
Less technology, more nature
More discovering, less conforming
Less worrying, more living
More traveling, less sitting
Less comparing, more progressing
R E A D  M O R E, W A T C H  L E S S 
Less city, More beach
More simplifying, less collecting
Less TV, more podcasts
More salad, less tacos
Less contour, more nail polish
More self-worth, less self-doubt
Less beer, more champagne
More understanding, less yelling
Less dreaming, more planning
More saving, less splurging
Less questions, more decisions
More apologies, less excuses
Less coffee, more tea
More music, less overanalyzing
LEARN MORE, COMPLAIN LESS.


Comment your more/less resolutions below - it doesn't have to be as long as mine or as random, but it feels great to have a reference point for the upcoming new year.  

XO, Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!