Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cheap Muscle Tees/Tanks

Recently, I have been noticing the muscle tee/tank trend everywhere from the youtube to “street fashion.” I can’t fight the urge to make my own because some companies like Brandy Melville want to charge a ridiculous amount for their graphic ones. I’m not saying I wouldn’t pay it if I had a Brandy Melville store close to me. But, I definitely don’t so I find this is a way cheaper alternative.
I definitely approve because this trend is comfortable and can be really fun if you add a bright or patterned bandeau bra under them. Maybe, even some iron on graphics or words.
I was browsing around on the internet and found some really interesting DIY customizable T shirt tutorials. I decided to accept the challenge of recreating a few but with plain muscle tees. So, definitely expect a post in detail about that in the near future.
For now, I must discuss where I found plain muscle tees for an exceptionally low price: Wal Mart, course.
Here’s the trick: The MEN’S section- now you’re thinking…why didn’t I think of that?
I went to my local Wal Mart to find them completely out of stock of the bright colors; which I really wanted. But, because they were out of those, I chose to buy 2 grey & 2 red ones. The muscle tees are from the brand Fruit of the Loom and are actually the perfect thing to add to a Spring wardrobe. The first way I  plan on wearing these is with a bandeau bra and leggings. Because they are men’s tees, they are a little big but I absolutely love that feature because of the option to wear leggings it presents.
Here is the red tee I purchased:
IMG_0506

IMG_0504
P.S. I wasn’t aware of the red background of my sheets when I took the picture but you can definitely see where the sleeve ends and the red of my sheets begins.
Here is the grey one:
IMG_0512
As you can see, I chose a size small but as pictured in the red tank picture, it fits a little big on me. But, I don’t care..I love it! (Yes, that was a song reference.) Kudos to you if you recognized it. Moving right along…
Each tank was $3.97 and I couldn’t be happier about the price aspect.
IMG_0511IMG_0510
What I purchased these tanks/tees for is to wear colorful and patterned bandeau bras under them with the bra peeking out the side. I promise to post a picture when I wear one for an OOTD. Maybe tomorrow, but right now it is raining outside so I don’t think these would be appropriate for school and the weather; which is what I have on my agenda tomorrow. Oh, the joys of being a college student…having to incorporate the possibility of walking a mile to class in the pouring rain into your outfit choice for the day. Rain boots are definitely going to be in mine. But anyways, here are some of the bandeaus I was referring to:
IMG_0514IMG_0516IMG_0519IMG_0521
All of these bandeaus were purchased at Papaya; which is an amazing store that you should definitely check out here. I don’t remember the exact price I paid for each bra but they must have been inexpensive (Hence why I bought so many.)
I can’t wait to update on how I am going to style them with what I already have in my closet. If you would like to see that + this post, or comment below.

Thanks so much for reading and comment below your favorite way to wear the trend of muscle tees/tanks. Also, if y’all know of something interesting I could do to the front or back, feel free to comment below and have your idea featured. Have a wonderful week and I will talk to y’all in my next post.

XOXO,
SweetSouthernStyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best part of blogging is interaction. Whether it is between two readers,a blogger and a reader, or two bloggers interaction is what keeps blogs interesting. Without interaction the blogging world falls off the map.

All comments are appreciated and responded to as soon as I get a chance!